This tour offers a diversity of activities, including seeing gorillas in their natural habitat, hiking to the top of Nyiragongo volcano and spending a night on the crater, and touring Goma.
- Tour Highlights
- Prices and Includes
- Book Now
Your tour guide will drive you to Goma and give you a guided tour of the city. Spend the night at a hotel; the Rumangabo Guest House; or the Bukima camping site.
After an early breakfast, your tour guide will take you to the Bukima park station of Virunga National Park in the DRC to go on a mountain gorilla trek. Spend the night in Goma.
Enjoy early-morning breakfast and shopping before driving to the Kibati park station. After a briefing with park rangers, begin hiking the Nyiragongo volcano. The hike takes four to five hours. You will walk through an impressive rain forest before reaching the summit, where you can look down into the red lake of lava. Spend the evening enjoying the view, and sleep in a shelter at the crater.
Descend from Nyiragongo and meet our driver at Kibati. Take a guided tour through Goma. After seeing the volcano you will have a greater insight of how the volcano’s 2002 eruption destroyed a large section of the town. Spend the night in Goma or another city of your choice.
• Mountain Gorilla Permits
• Nyiragongo Volcano Permits
• DRCongo visa fees
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full time English speaking Driver and Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle or Prado Land Cruiser
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees for Rwanda
• Personal Insurance
• Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities.